Our Themes for 2013
1) Single Parents you’re Brilliant, and;
2) Lose the labels
This is the first known conference ever for single parents made up of fathers and mothers who wish to start something from the ground. It’s a joint effort to bring attention to single parent families from a realistic perspective for who better knows what is needed and how to move forward than single parents themselves.
9.30am – 12.30pm Speakers
- Senior Lecturer Dr Lesley Patterson (School of People, Environment and Planning)
- Single Parent Julie Whitehouse
- Child Poverty Action Group (CPAG)
1 – 2.30pm Speakers
- Single Parent Aaron D’Souza
- 1.30 – 1.45pm Dance Entertainment
- Single Parent Jayesh Jain
- Single Parent Alan Gibson
3pm – 5pm Speakers
- Law Society on Family Court Law
- IRD on Child Support
- WINZ on welfare changes
We understand single parents will need to bring children if they don’t have means for childcare and have organized entertainment in a separate hall.
10am – 11.30am
- Clown, Juggler, Magician and Acrobat Le Cirque de JP will entertain children and caregivers in a hall attached through a foyer.
- Throughout the day children can play with toys, dressup clothing, arts and crafts and more.
BYO lunch, coffee, tea, etc provided.
COST: Gold coin donation
Date: 2nd November, 2013
Time: 9.30am – 5pm
Place: Kelston Community Centre
Address: 135 Awaroa Rd, Sunnyvale 0602(corner of Great North Rd and Awaroa Rd – opposite Waikumete Cemetery) – MAP here
Sponsored by: Auckland Single Parent’s Trust and Te Kaitiakitanga Tamaki Makaurau o te Matua Kotahitanga