MENZ Issues

New Zealand’s Black Widow

This is one hell of a story; the sort of story you’d hope to only find in a book.

Helen Milner (aged 50) who has become known as the Black Widow during the course of her trial, was today found guilty by a jury at the High Court in Christchurch for the murder of her husband.

The case was first reported as a suicide, however, following a coroner’s ruling, was later brought back to court, alleging that the Black Widow had put the sedative, Phenergan, into Mr Nisbet’s evening meal then while he was heavily sedated, smothered him to death with a pillow.

Husband poisoning: Initial investigation seriously flawed

The first police investigation in to the sudden death of Phil Nisbet, which concluded he had taken his own life, was seriously flawed, an internal police probe has concluded.

In a further twist to the case it has been revealed

“The Black Widow’s own son is suing her for $60k after she framed him and he wrongly spent 18 days in jail.”

Details of the case have previously been suppressed, but it can now be revealed that Milner and Kearns’ former partner, Kasey Woodstock, went to the police in April 2010 alleging that Kearns sent them abusive and threatening text messages while a court order prevented him from contacting them.

Story here.

This is where it really gets interesting:

Kearns was arrested for allegedly breaching a protection order and held in custody for 16 days because Milner and Woodstock told police they feared for their safety.

This woman is carrying on a lesbian relationship while she is trying to kill her husband for his insurance money?

Is the real killer still running free? Watch this (click on statement from the family)

Helen Milner has been found guilty of murdering her husband.

A jury returned the guilty verdict in the High Court at Christchurch on Thursday morning, following the nearly three-week trial, dubbed “the Black Widow trial” by media.

Milner, 50, was charged with two counts of attempted murder and one of murdering her second husband Philip Nisbet by poisoning him in April 2009.

She was found guilty of one of the attempted murder charges but acquitted of the other.

The defence maintained Mr Nisbet committed suicide by taking the drugs himself.

The jury took about seven hours to reach its verdict.

Milner will be sentenced in February.