- promoting a clearer understanding of men's experience -


MENZ.org.nz Logo First visit to MENZ.org.nz? Here's our introduction page.
MENZ ISSUES

MENZ Issues: news and discussion about New Zealand men, fathers, family law, divorce, courts, protests, gender politics, and male health.

Mon 28th April 2014

Man Murdered in Christchurch

Filed under: General — Downunder @ 4:11 pm

A woman has appeared in court in Christchurch today on a charge of murdering a man at a residential address.

Details here at Stuff.co.nz

The 22-year-old appeared in the Christchurch District Court this morning charged with murdering an “unknown male” yesterday.

Court documents allege she murdered him “manually”.

I hope that wasn’t a bit of ‘detective humour’.

The names are subject to suppression orders but earlier reports in the Herald stated that a couple had recently separated and the father had left the house with their three children.

It has not been disclosed to date whether the father is the deceased or whether the deceased is another man; the same Herald report stated that the accused’s father had been at the address helping his daughter.

Update 30th April

Source here

Christchurch Police have launched a new scene examination as part of the homicide investigation.

The body of the man, whose identity has been suppressed, was found at an Earnslaw property on Sunday.

A 22-year-old woman has been charged with his murder.

Detectives and forensic experts this morning executed a search warrant on a address in Conference Street in the inner city where a scene examination is underway.

Detective Inspector Greg Murton says significant activity is believed to have occurred at that address resulting in the death of the man.

10 Responses to “Man Murdered in Christchurch”

  1. Downunder says:

    There appears to be an interesting story developing here.

    It has become common recently for cases involving female offenders to disappear off the media radar.

    Anyone hear what happened to that woman who drove a car onto a suburban footpath in Hamilton in an attempt to run down her partner?

  2. Downunder says:

    Update from the remand at 16th May.

    An Ashburton man who was killed in Christchurch last month can now be named as Cory James Protos, 30.

    Name suppression was lifted for both Protos and the 22-year-old woman accused of murdering him, when she made a second appearance in the High Court at Christchurch today.

    Zariah Jae Samson entered a not guilty plea to a charge of murdering Protos – who was understood to have been her boyfriend for a short time.

  3. Downunder says:

    Update

    A two-week trial beginning April 13 has been set for a Christchurch woman charged with the murder of Cory James Protos, 30.

    Zariah Jae Samson, 22, was remanded in custody for trial at a pre-trial call-over before Justice David Gendall in the High Court in Christchurch today.

    She has denied the charge of murdering Protos on April 27.

  4. DJ Ward says:

    How the hell is that not murder?

  5. Voices back from the bush says:

    6, It IS MURDER !,
    Samson has been charged with murder for three years, but she cant be tried for murder because she said she didnt do it and she doesn’t have – murderers genitals.
    So prosecutors decided to “AMEND” the charge to manslaughter which she said she did do.
    She tied, beat and tortured Cory for hours before wrapping a cord three times around his neck and killing him.
    Compare this to the Clayton Weatherstone case, he got his photo in every paper and media for weeks and 18 years no parole,
    No pictures of her released, and her sentence will probably be half that at best.
    I wonder if he even will be on record as a victim of domestic violence?

  6. voices back from the bush says:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/PussyPass/comments/6n7er4/zariah_samson_jailed_for_6_years_and_3_months_for/

    Justice Cameron Mander included a non-parole period of three years and three months. Samson has already served that term since being arrested for the April 27, 2014, killing, but she will have to face the Parole Board to apply for her release.

    So Zariah Samson has been given a first strike warning.

    She just needs to apply to the parole board to be free.

    It turns out she is the victim, because some Man took her children to the north island so that’s why Cory could be tortured and strangled to death without it being considered murder.

    An unprecedented loophole is reported.

    A new precedent has been established.

    Torture and kill any man you want for no reason at all and you cant be tried for murder in NZ if you are a female.

    A few months ago under this same first strike policy a man got 7 years for touching a woman’s bum.

  7. DJ Ward says:

    Yes our Justice system has has got cancer.
    Diagnosis Feminism.
    This case is obscene to any standard of behaviour other than the behaviour of lawyers.

  8. Downunder says:

    So much for the Queen’s Peace, that promise to ALL her subjects, or others under her protection, for the security of life and goods.

  9. MurrayBacon says:

    In the absence of public accountability, this is what happens. These judges don’t appear to understand when they go far off the tracks, total delusion. Likely to get worse, before it gets better for the public.

Leave a Reply

Please note that comments which do not conform with the rules of this site are likely to be removed. They should be on-topic for the page they are on. Discussions about moderation are specifically forbidden. All spam will be deleted within a few hours and blacklisted on the stopforumspam database.

Since May 2016 this site is cached. Comments will not appear immediately unless you are logged in. Please do not make multiple attempts.

« »

Powered by WordPress

Skip to toolbar