Invitation to Join Operation 2008
An Invitation to Enlist for Operation 2008
Issued by the New Zealand Child Support Reform Conference 2007
Dear equal parental rights and responsibilities supporter,
This is an invitation to enlist as a founding member of Operation 2008.
By coordinating, planning and acting together at a level of non-violent direct action appropriate to individual members we can create the synergy to achieve shared parenting and fair and reasonable child support.
By enlisting for Operation 2008 you agree with the following:
* There is an urgent need to enshrine in New Zealand law the right of every child to be equally parented by both parents and the right of both parents to equally parent their child:
o To ensure the best outcomes for Kiwi Kids.
* Action is needed to place Child Support and Family Law on the election agenda in 2008.
* Support the solution: The Donkin Method supporting Jayden’s Law.
* Agree to take part in escalating, non-violent direct action culminating in a month of coordinated action during the 2008 election campaign.
* Be committed to the principle of “Same Goal – Different Paths”:
o Members seek the same goal, but the level of action that members may be able to commit to may be different. Co-ordinated action is important to achieving the goal.
* That only the spokesperson appointed by the New Zealand Child Support Conference 2007 can speak on behalf of Operation 2008.
o Members can refer to themselves as supporters of Operation 2008 when speaking in public or by using the Supporter of Operation 2008 logo.
All Operation 2008 communications will be exclusively electronic via the Internet. If you do not have access to email or Skype, an attempt will be made to attach you to a “buddy” to pass information along to you.
Electronic registration available at Operation 2008