My wife and I had an argument about our families a couple of months ago. During the argument she was very insulting towards me and my parents. She used offensive and racist phrases. Luckily I recorded her voice while she didn’t notice. I realised that she had a plan and wanted to make me angry with her weird behaviour. Everyone knows that I am a soft person and never been violent in my entire life. She called the police with a distressed voice and started saying that she did not feel safe with me while I didn’t even raise my voice at her (all recorded). I was served with a PSO and got a temporary protection order straight away without notice.
Now we got to the point that both of us want to fix this and get back together and raise our baby but she needs me to complete ‘Non-violence Programme’ which I initially objected that. My understanding is if I attend this course I basically accept that I am a violent person and this automatically confirms her wrong allegations. I believe we both need to attend communication and relationship counselling only. With lockdown in place, it will be months away to have a hearing in court and of course very expensive and frustrating process especially when I’m desperate to see my baby.
My questions are:
1. Will that ‘Non-violence Programme’ affect my background?
2. Will she be able to use it as an evidence to prove that I am a violent person in future?
3. And especially if she applies for another protection order in the future for another silly reason?
4. Do you recommend a reconciliation with her or wait for the main hearing in court?
5. How much is my success to use that voice record to prove that I am innocent?
6. If I am successful, will she pay my extra-ordinary lawyer expenses?
There could be other ambiguities and questions that I am not aware of them yet.
I appreciate your kind advice. Thanks very much.