Mark Miller now in private practice
I understand you are the owner and administrator of Menz.org.nz. My name is Mark Miller and I am a practising barrister and have been a child support review officer for IRD for over 12 years. My work with the IRD is highly regarded by the department and my name is mentioned regularly in the Menz website for my work as a review officer.
I am leaving IRD as a review officer & intend to utilise my years of experience & knowledge as a review officer and undertake private work in the child support area.
I have a wealth of experience as a review officer & would like the opportunity to offer the following services to your members:
- Advice on applying for child support;
- Advice on applying for an administrative review hearing either as a custodial parent or as a liable parent;
- Advice on being the “other party” in an application for an administrative review hearing;
- How to prepare for an administrative review hearing;
- Commissioner Initiated Administrative Review hearings (CIAR);
- What information should be sought prior to a review hearing;
- What to except at an administrative review hearing;
- Court cases that are relevant to each particular Ground;
- What needs to be established before a departure is made;
- Post review hearing – application for suspension orders, appeal process & likelihood of success;
- Complaints process;
- Other Family Court matters such as contact issues, contracting out, separation, relationship property settlement and so on;
- Civil litigation;
- Criminal matters.
I can provide all assistance in relation to child support matters as well as other Family Court matters. I have also had over twelve years in the NZ Police before becoming a lawyer & have acquired many interpersonal, investigative & other skills.
My hourly rates are very modest and as an introductory offer to your members, I am happy to offer a 15% discount on my fees for the next month. I offer an excellent legal service in friendly & easily accessible surroundings & work closely with my instructing solicitor to ensure value for money for my clients.
I can be contacted on 845 5166, 027 665 0308, 845 5167 (fax) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I also have a website currently under construction which should be up and running fairly soon. My office is situated on the main road in Pt Chevalier and client meetings are by appointment. There is plenty of parking outside my office.
I would appreciate it if you could pass my details onto your members & other similar organisations & I look forward to working hard for your members.
Mark W Miller