The genital mutilation then fame story of John and Lorena Bobbitt
John and Lorena repeatedly partook in unethical actions. They seem to be disgusting characters and I have no interest in joining the majority who have apparently decided that one of them is better.
I find extreme behaviour and its causes to be interesting, and wonder if anyone could help me with my research and locate the gender inverse of the above occurrence or something very similar.
The following would qualify:
1) A female is in a relationship with a male and repeatedly abuses him.
2) The male has the ability to use a car to separate himself from her by hundreds of miles while she sleeps; instead he attacks her. He mutilates her genitals or other high-blood-loss area.
3) He is arrested and one of the first things he says is that she is selfish, always has orgasms during sex and doesn’t wait for him to have one.
4) He spends no time in jail and at most 45 days in a hospital for evaluation. He is not the victim of violent, vigilante justice. He is not spat at or repeatedly insulted while walked on the street.
5) He talks about his actions on a popular talk show and receives a standing ovation.
6) This all occurs in the USA or another western nation.
It is likely that many people will suggest edits that make the female less likely to receive sympathy such as “she repeatedly, severely abuses him” or the male more likely such as “he is insulted and criticised by some while talking about his actions” but you would be missing the point and adding conditions that would make it more difficult for people to find qualifying examples. I would like to make those edits as it brings the above closer to the actual occurrence but know that it will be extremely difficult for people to find just one qualifying example as it is. If it was asserted that regarding such issues society is anti-male many people would probably disagree, in which case they should want people to present me with lots of qualifying examples.
This is a slightly edited version of the original
I have to say
Why have you bothered posting something like this that has no bearing or weight to our issues here in NZ. Absolute diatribe and crap.
This post seems to be a republication of a Facebook posting by Adam Banks a couple of years ago. The Bobbitt matter, especially the celebrity status that male-haters have accorded Lorena Bobbitt, is very relevant to men around the world. However, Adam Banks’ post is abstruse; it’s difficult to understand the point(s) he is trying to make or why rationalist1 thought it relevant at this time to repeat them here.
There are many occurrences in the Western world (which includes NZ hence that post being here) that favour 1 of the genders. I find it interesting to collate information about them. Let’s say you did the same re domestic violence you might find >1k examples of pro-female bias and <10 of pro-male bias. If we're talking about extreme bias (like the bias that favoured Lorena and allowed her to do something extremely bad and be praised) you might find many pro-female examples and no pro-male examples. That might say something about our society. If you take the time to think about what I wrote it might lead to illuminating thoughts.
Buster: you mention diatribe and crap. I’ll leave that as well as emotional outbursts and personal attacks to others who are more experienced. I shall stick to calm, structured arguments.