Mans Lawyer Ordered To Pay Ex Wife Half A Million + Costs When Trust Failed To Protect His Assets
Firstly I am not a lawyer. If you need advice on trusts go to a lawyer who specialises in trusts. Large legal firms have specialists in each field.
From what I understand.
1. Man goes to legal firm to get advice on how to protect his assets. i.e. his home.
2. Legal firm draws up trust. Put home in trust.
3. Ex wife takes him to court for half his trusts house.
4. Man adds his legal firm as a third party at the hearing.
5. Ex Wife wins however legal firm has to pay directly ex wifes what the man loss. i,e, half a million. Plus legal costs.