Nurit Zubery wrote a thesis on the impacts of men during and after divorce.
Interview on RNZ:
Nurit Zubery is a NZ feminist who is clearly not one of the man-hating variety.
She wrote a thesis on the impacts of men during and after divorce. She says there was very little world research on the impact of men divorcing. This is part of what she reported in her thesis.
Nurit Zubery’s masters supervisor is Auckland University Professor of Law Mark Henaghan.
She reports that Canadian Research shows;
- Men commit suicide 4.8x more than woman following divorce.
- Men are admitted to a psychiatric hospital 9x more after divorce.
- Men have accidents double from 6 months before devoice to 6 months after divorce.
- Men develop health problems at a much higher level like heart attacks and diabetes after divorce.
Cambridge research shows.
- Almost 50% of couples divorce in the Weston world.
- Woman initiate about 70% of divorce.
- Woman do not have anywhere near the same severe reactions to divorce.
Nurit Zubery’s thesis is online here: How Men Experience Family Dispute Resolution Mediation.