Young mans life destroyed by police.
4 Years later, AU$100k, a 3-day trial and a not guilty verdict.
During those years he suffered,
– Lost of job
– Death threats
– Scared to leave the house
– Destruction of career
– A Barrister who pushed him to plea guilty to get a lower sentence.
– Financial loss
– 7 Months in prison
– Name splatted across the news online and social media
– The effect of his mother and family was huge
– Strong suicidal thoughts
– Ongoing mental health problems
– Zero compensation
– Zero support
At the end of it. – Nothing.
In sexual allegations, Ireland has a law to automatically award full name suppression until a guilty verdict is reached. Jacinda’s be kind does not extend to males.
With only a 13% conviction rate, the New Zealand Government does not consider men in this type of situation.
The state abuse and violence of men must stop.